When Jesus said to his followers, “As the Father has sent me, I am sending you,” he was sending them into the world of their day to continue his work of caring, restoring, forgiving and proclaiming his good news to all people. That is the task his followers are called to today. We, as a church, believe we are sent out by Jesus to serve the wider community in Carlingford, our nation and the world – to make the world a better place in which to live. Part of our service involves sharing the good news of Jesus in ways which are relevant to people and their needs.
Our local & national involvements include:Playtime groups for parents and pre-schoolers
- Programs for children and youth to assist their holistic development (Boys & Girls Brigades)
- Special Religious Education classes in schools
- Support of Ministries among secondary and tertiary students
- Scripture Union Family Missions
- English Conversation Classes for ESL learners
- Gospel Explained courses for enquirers about the faith
- Small groups for youth and adults to share, pray and study the Bible
- Providing assistance to those in need, as we are able- Christmas hampers, gifts for families of people in prison, refugee assistance
- Women’s craft and sewing activities
- Adult walking groups, golf, cycling and opportunities to relate to others socially
Internationally we are involved with:
Baptist World Aid in supporting health and education projects in Asia.
Global Interaction in establishing new churches amongst unreached people groups.
The Bible Society in providing Bibles for Christians in China
- Supporting MAF in providing transport for people working in places not easily accessible
- A number of our people, both young and older have visited and offered support to a large children’s home and school in Asia
- Other projects/ people are supported in practical ways and with prayer